Friday, February 11, 2011

Vent

A blog is where you are meant to share your opinions with the world, right? And take whatever feedback comes back at ya? [Breathe... right, non-confrontational me is... ready]

Well, if there is one thing that I have an opinion on, it is music. I love music. I love examples of all music. Sure, some new types of music might take a bit of getting used to, but I am always open to giving it a go, and sure enough I usually like it. But, right now I want to talk about some that I don't like - because it was on the radio while I was in the shower (I hate that, they always do that to me when I can't reach to change the station). I'm talking Stone Sour (I don't even know if that is meant to be one word or two, I don't want to know, they bore me). You read that right, they bore me. I know that the lead singer is the Slipknot dude - don't know his name, I don't care for Slipknot, either. Don't get me wrong, I have heard one or two of their songs that I can appreciate, but I don't choose to listen to them. When I was a teenager I loved Korn and Rage Against The Machine and stuff, but now that I am older I find that I don't like my music to make me angry - not in a stressed out kind of way, anyway. I'll listen to an angry song, but I prefer  different kind of anger, now.

Right, back to Stone Sour. They have this song that goes "I'm looking at you through the glass..." Urgh! Now I am going to have it stuck in my head ALL day! Why did I do this? Yeah, I hate that song. It's... catchy. And it's whiny! I don't want my lover-boy to whine about how much he loves me. Not an effective sappy song in my opinion. The other song I know of theirs goes "Together! Forever! We'll be together!" (I believe)... I don't know about you, but if a guy declared his love for me by shouting at me like that, I would be thinking "psycho...". Stalker, much?

I hear my baby crying, got to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment